Sunday, June 1, 2014

Northside Teacher of the Year Interview with Mrs. Fearrington


Before our very own Mrs. Fearrington was named Teacher of the Year for the district, a Northside student had the opportunity to interview her! Here is what she had to say:


Q: what is your favorite part of teaching?
A: I really enjoy watching Kindergarten students grow.  They begin the year with limited knowledge and they end the year with a wealth of knowledge.

Q: when did you start teaching?
A: I started teaching in 1994.

Q: have you taught any other class than kindergarten?
A: Yes, I have been a classroom teacher for grades Kindergarten, first, second, and third grades.

Q: do you enjoy working with kids?
A: I love working with kids.  They have taught me a great deal during the many years of my career.

Q: what are your funniest moments in teaching?
A: I enjoy watching students during our writing period.  I read so many "funny" words that are not spelled correctly.  I'm always pleasantly surprised when they read what their writing "should " say.

Q: any comments on kindergarten and your classes?
A: After teaching for so many years, I still "LOVE WORKING WITH KIDS!"

The interview was conducted by Martin for the May edition of The Compass, Northside's student Newspaper.


photo (17).JPG